Vista SP1 upgrade with Realtek High Definition sound driver v6.0.1.5502 successful!

This weekend I was pleasantly surprised with an available download for Vista SP1 through windows update (why did it take so long?!?). I was fearful of losing my sound with the upgrade due to "SP1 not available cause #5", my driver version is v6.0.1.5502, but the upgrade went well (turns out I have a High Definition Audio Codec, not AC'97, ooops). The custom settings for the sound card were reset (I like to split all input/output jacks into different channels, the default ties them all together), but that was it. Sound is totally functional from the get-go!

Hurrah!

I haven't seen any difference in performance yet. Feels like same old Vista so far.


Related posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Track